There are so many things that I look forward to as the days come by and I cannot contain my giddiness. I might as well share with you my joy and how I intend to bring a complete turnaround to my misfortunes.
This year is a total rock-hard for me and I expect it to keep on being like that until the last day of 2015. I know I'm being pessimistic but trust me, in times like this where different kinds of pain have been hitting you constantly all you can do is anticipate the worst in everything/everyone.
Want to know how I continue to deal with them? Here's a list:
1. PRAY. Truth is I wasn't a religious person until all these. Yes I pray but I don't do it on a regular basis. Anyway, what I do is I anchor myself to God. I've been reading bible verses, hearing mass on Sundays,etc. You know what the outcome is? I become stronger when it comes to facing life's hurdles and wiser when it comes to handling my emotions especially on how I should react to the people who wronged me. It's amazing how the word of God has comfort me in my darkest times and how wonderful that when I just tell him what I am going through I instantly feel soothed because I know I am not alone in my battles. Thank you Lord for the good and bad times, most especially for the latter because if it weren't for them I wouldn't be who I am now, a full-time daughter of Yours. I love you.
2. Think happy thoughts. This line may be overused but it's true. I think about giving birth. How close I am to seeing my Maven Ezequias and the happiness we will bring each other. Well, not all of us are conceiving and have a child to look forward to but I suggest that you hold on to that one thing you are most grateful of.
3. Do what you love, love what you do. Like what I am doing now, I am blogging and I love it. Whenever I publish a post it gives me a sense of accomplishment that uplifts my spirit.
4. Look forward. In my planner I jotted down the list of things I look forward to after giving birth and here are some: wear my favorite style equation (jeans + sneakers), new planner for 2016 and all the crafts I'm gonna make with it, entering the corporate world, learn how to drive, planning zequi's baptismal and 1st birthday, being able to lose weight, providing for my parents and many more! Haha! Oh the simple joys that life gives excite me.
5. Forgive and forget. I may not have totally forgotten the pain but I am in the process of it. Time heals all wounds, right?
6. Surround yourself with people who will lift you higher. The people that God surround me with are truly a blessing to me. I suggest you steer clear of those who are toxic to you.
That's it! Thank you again for letting me rant. Hahaha. I hope I was able to share something inspiring to you. And as 2015 bids us goodbye in less than a month and a half, I encourage you all to finish strong.
, by Edda Iglesia